Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Zucchini Bread or Muffins




Since I had nooooo clue how to make zucchini bread (or how to even spell zucchini, thanks spellcheck), I went searching for recipes online of course! I finally stumbled upon one that does not use egg replacer. It's not that I have an issue with egg replacer, I just prefer to use ground flaxseed if at all possible. I also reduced the sugar and eliminated the fat. I can't imagine it tasting better than it did, so I'm glad I made the changes!

I made MANY changes to the recipe, but here is the original

Here is the recipe as I made it:

Delicious Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves or 12 muffins
Dry:
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Cinnamon
1 cup raisins
.
Wet:
5 tbsp ground flaxseed and 9 tbsp water
1 heaping cup sugar
8 oz applesauce (I used strawberry applesauce)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini (3 small/medium zucchini)

Add wet to dry, but do it slowly and be careful not to OVERMIX.
Divide the batter into two pans, or you can do what I did and use a loaf pan and a muffin pan.
Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The muffins will be ready in about 40-50 minutes and the loaf will take longer about 60-70.
Cool and slide a knife around the edges of the loaf pan. Enjoy!




No comments: