Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm with COCO!



I've been obsessed with hot cocoa this winter and consequently, I have also been obsessed with Coco (Conan O'Brien!) this winter too. Last night was his last Tonight Show, and I was on the brink of tears when he spoke about how touched he was at all the outreach and support his fans have shown. What a humble and gracious man! I had a revelation when I realized I was drinking cocoa while watching Coco... : )

I wanted to make my own hot cocoa instead of buying those packages of cocoa with 90 ingredients on the label. Please don't take my word for it, this is BETTER than the package, AND more importantly, EASIER (not to mention cheaper and probably healthier).

Here's the "recipe" - can it really be a recipe with 3 ingredients?

HOT COCO


1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp (to taste) sugar
1 cup soy, rice, or whatever milk you love : )

Add the cocoa and sugar to the cup. Heat the milk on the stovetop (or microwave) and add in half the milk to the cup. Stir till cocoa dissolves then add in the rest and top with marshies (what my kids call marshmallows!)

Enjoy! You'll have to wait till September to drink whilst watching Coco though : (


3 comments:

Vince said...

Nice! I also don't drink the packaged hot chocolate mix. I will try this soon.

tc said...

Better get on it! Looks like the weather is getting too nice outside!

Unknown said...

You must not have realized that marshmallows are almost always not vegan :( They have gelatin.
If you are dying for marshmallows however, Vegan ones are *sometimes* in the health sections of stores. Another fail safe is "halal," marshmallows.