Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lemony Potatoes


Since I am obsessed with lemons all summer long, I decided to see what they would taste like with potatoes. I've heard of Greek-style recipes for potatoes using lots lemon and I can't believe how amazing they turned out. It's a great side dish and I couldn't get enough!

Lemony Potatoes

6-8 red potatoes
1/3 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 or 2 lemons
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil

Dice the potatoes and add them to a medium hot skillet. (You can definitely boil the potatoes for 10 minutes first to speed up the process). After they've been on the skillet for about 10 minutes, add the remaining ingredients. The potatoes should look slightly browned and be soft, check with a fork.

Such an easy, but flavorful recipe for potatoes! Definitely beats mashed potatoes in my book.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Thats a quick and yummy snack! Surely way better than store packed mashed potatoes :)

The Voracious Vegan said...

I make a quick dish like this quite regularly. I add spinach too. I adore lemon with potatoes. Ahhh, anything with potatoes is pretty good, actually!